When there is water damage, you can be sure that mold is also an issue if the water has sat for too long in the area. Due to this, many people find that the damages done extend beyond the reach of just traditional water clean up and dry out. While some companies might tell you this or that regarding the mold, it is important to work with a water damage restoration company that can not only give you the facts about the mold, but are experienced enough to clean it up, as well.
What You Need to Know
There are some tell-tale signs that there is mold growing in the house. Whether you’ve already had water restoration done, or you still need it done – watch for these signs that show the mold is around you.
The Moldy Odor – We’ve all probably smelled that moldy, musty odor at at least one point in our lives. If you smell it within your home, chances are, there is mold lurking somewhere. It can become stronger in some rooms and more mild in others.
More Allergy Problems Than Ever Before – When the people in your home have allergy problems that are acting up more than ever, it is probably an issue with the mold throughout your home. The mold spores can cause allergies to rise, giving way to a whole new set of symptoms.
You SEE the Mold – This is obviously one of the big signs that show you have mold somewhere in your home. The best thing to do is to contact a professional that knows how to clean it out, as the mold can be deep into the walls or floors of where you found it. Removing it is essential for everyone’s health.
Mold comes with many toxic symptoms that you should also be aware of. It is not something you can just let go for a while. It has to be something that is taken care of sooner, rather than later.
- Neurological symptoms – headaches, short attention span, confusion, memory loss, trouble concentrating and dizziness
- Trouble breathing, coughing, shortness of breath, wheezing
These symptoms can all be related to toxic mold growth in your home. Mold can poison those around it, so it is important to pay attention to any symptoms anyone is experiencing throughout the home. Not all mold types are toxic though, usually Stachybotrys chartarum is the one that releases the toxins that can cause these issues. These symptoms will increase inside the home and subside a bit while leaving.
Whether you’ve had a flood or other water problem in the home, or there is water damage somewhere that you don’t know about, usually it is the case for the mold.
Mold likes to grow in dark, damp places and due to this, when there is a leak somewhere in the house, there has been a flood, condensation has become too much or any other water problem; the mold can start to form in this area.
This is why it is especially important to take caution and ensure that the right clean up for the water damage is done. This will protect you and your family against any harmful spores that might be growing.
ServiceMaster Recovery Services can come in and provide the water damage restoration services you’re in need of, as well as the mold removal & remediation. You should feel comfortable inside your home. We service many Milwaukee homes and offices in the area. Give us a call today to schedule a time to have us come out and assess the situation or if you’re not in the Milwaukee area, find a plumber near you to help with any leaks or broken pipes.