Tips to Prepare your Home for Fall:
- Tune up your heating system– Call an HVAC professional to inspect your furnace and clean the ducts.
- Check out your Roof-Look for damaged, loose or missing shingles that may leak during winter’s storms or from melting snow.
- Check Windows & Doors– Caulk around windows and doors if you see gaps.
- Clean your Gutters-If your gutters are full of debris, water can back up and could damage the roof, siding or trim. It could also cause leaks and ice dams.
- Divert Water– Add extensions to your downspouts so that the water runs at least 3 to 4 feet away from your foundation.
- Exterior Faucets– Undrained water in pipes can freeze, which will cause pipes to burst as the ice expands.
- Clean your Chimney–Before you use your fireplace, make sure the chimney and vents are clean and in good repair.