Mold thrives in moist, wet environments and is helped by humidity. Mold colonies can form in bathrooms and in kitchens of homes and office buildings and are not always easily detectable to the naked eye. When mold forms it spreads to other areas of the building by releasing spores into the air. These spores can be breathed into the lungs of the inhabitants. The symptoms of this exposure to mold can be relatively mild, including coughing, sneezing or a runny nose. However, the reaction can be more severe for some. Mold can negatively affect asthma sufferers and the stachybotrys genus, or black mold, is an especially powerful and toxic mold type which can lead to respiratory and immune system problems. Trained professionals, like the team at ServiceMaster Recovery Services in Janesville, WI, can help homeowners identity a problem and implement a plan for complete mold removal.
Water Damage Restoration Services
- Toxigenic – Release mycotoxins which can lead to an array of different illnesses
- Allergenic – Triggers allergy and asthma symptoms
- Pathogenic – Adversely affects the immune system
The aspergillus mold type is found in dust particles which travel throughout the home or office where it can come to rest in carpet fibers. Periodic professional carpet cleaning is , especially in buildings with high humidity. To prevent mold from forming, home and business owners should never let water sit on counter tops, floors or other surfaces. Spills on carpets should be cleaned up immediately and water should not be allowed to collect in sinks, tubs and shower stalls. Indoor humidity should be kept at levels between 30 and 60 percent. Leaking pipes should be fixed.
Mold removal is just one of the services ServiceMaster Recovery Services provides to homes and businesses in Janesville, WI. We also provide water and fire damage restoration, carpet and upholstery cleaning and building and restoration services.